How To Do It Yourself Dryer and Laundry Tips
The Easy Way to Dry Your Sneakers
DIY – Dryer Your Sneakers By Hanging Them Over the Dryer Door
Hang Your Sneakers Over Your Dryer Door to Dry – Do It Yourself Dryer Tip
- Simply tie your laces into a know
- Close the dryer door allowing the knot to stop the laces from slipping
- Turn On Your Dryer
- No more banning and damage while drying your sneakers
Keep your dryer working and save money on repairs and utilities. Check out our services and call today to schedule your dryer vent cleaning.
Did you know FEMA recommends cleaning your dryer ducts every 12 months to avoid a dryer fire?
How To Do It Yourself Dryer and Laundry Cleaning Tips
DIY Wool Dryer Balls – Use Them Instead Of Dryer Sheets
TIP: Add some essential oils (4 drops each dryer ball) if you would like to add a nice sent
Benefits – Why Use Wool Dryer Balls?
- Dryer sheets increase wax build up in your dryer
- They decrease drying time, saving you money on utility bills.
- No chemicals
- Money saving – Wool Dryer Balls last up to 1,000 loads
- Wool dryer balls won’t affect the absorbency of your towels
- 100% wool dryer balls increase fluffiness and reduce static as dryer loads tumble.
What Do You Need
- skein of 100% wool yarn
- blunt-tipped needle or a crochet hook
- string or cotton/acrylic yarn (to secure the wool ball in the pantyhose)
- Begin wrapping your wool yarn around your first two fingers about 10 times.
- Pinch the bundle of yarn in the middle and pull off your fingers. Wrap more yarn around the middle of this bundle.
- Wrap yarn around the entire bundle until you have the beginnings of a ball.
- Continue wrapping tightly until your ball is the desired size about the size of a tennis ball.
- Use a crochet hook to tuck the end of the thread under several layers of yarn. Pull it through and cut the end.
- Repeat these steps with more yarn until you have 4-6 balls.
- Cut the leg off an old pair of nylons, or use knee-high stockings. Put balls into the toe of the nylons, tying tightly in between each one with string, or cotton/acrylic yarn. (Just don’t use wool yarn or it will felt around the nylons.) Tie off the end. It should look like a caterpillar.
- Throw the entire yarn caterpillar into the wash with towels (or a load of jeans if you used brightly colored yarn)
- Wash in a hot wash cycle with a cold water rinse cycle. You can repeat this process for a few washes if you like. Dry your yarn caterpillar with your laundry using the hottest dryer setting.
- Remove balls from the nylons
- You are ready to go. Toss in a few dryer balls with each load you dry.
Wondering how to clean your dryer ducts? Check out our services and Call OC Duct Busters today to schedule a professional to come out and do this for you today. Save money, keep your dryer in top shape and avoid a dryer fire! According to NFPA dryer fires cost an average of $238 Million in damages a year! Protect your home today.