Dryer Fire Facts
Lint Build Up in Your Dryer Ducts is the #1 Cause of Dryer Fires
- 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
- More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
Signs It Is Time To Clean Your Dryer
- Are your clothes taking longer to dry?
- Is your laundry room more humid or hotter than normal?
- Have you cleaned your dryer vents in the last 12 months?
- Is the air in your dryer not hot?
- Is your dryer shutting off on it’s own due to overheating?
- Are you thinking of replacing your dryer?
Benefits To Cleaning Your Dryer
- Protect Your Home From Fire
- Reduce dryer time and along with this save your time
- Save money on utilities
- Increase your dryers life expectancy